In this position, you will be a middle school teacher at a private K-10 school, collaborating with other teachers, both on-campus and online.
At Renton Prep, we are seeking motivated individuals who value and can contribute to a holistic approach for teaching and learning. Our school requires educators to adapt to a learning process that may sometimes feel undefined as you guide children to explore and create uniquely. However, when working as a collaborative team with an established framework and big picture in mind, our teachers equip students with the essential skills to become productive, critically-thinking citizens during and after Renton Prep.
A middle school teacher at Renton Prep will be flexible, motivated, engaged, and possess effective technology-integration skills in a classroom setting. Our science curriculum is aligned with Next Generation Science Standards, and mathematics aligned with Common Core Standards. An openness and passion for harnessing emerging technology for teaching, learning, and critical thinking are necessary to meet our goals and commitments to students and families.
Our desire is to provide a safe, Christ-centered environment for students to take risks, collaborate with peers, express and interact with diverse ideas and opinions, and struggle through problems to find solutions. Students do this through active discussion, research, debates, and digital citizenship. Our families trust us to assist their children in fulfilling their dreams and creating an environment where students can advance grade levels ahead of Washington State expectations. Your Christian faith will be exemplified in relationships with families, students, staff, the local community, and the world.
About Renton Prep
Renton Prep Christian School is a private Christian school for children in Kindergarten-Prep through 10th grade in Renton, Washington. In 2019, Microsoft selected Renton Prep Christian School as its first and only U.S. Flagship School — one of only 17 in the world. Microsoft also recognizes us as an influential Showcase School, a leader in global transformation through education.
We are a state-approved private school and internationally-accredited by Cognia as their first STEM certified school in Washington State.
- Bachelor’s degree and Washington Teaching Certification required
- Previous experience in STEM fields or teaching STEM
- Previous experience in interdisciplinary project-based learning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities and/or experience in a leadership role
We are seeking a middle school teacher who has a passion for teaching and views teaching and learning as something that goes beyond the walls of their classroom. A Renton Prep teacher must possess an openness to learn new skills and apply emerging technology to student-focused learning, while modeling the classroom as fun and filled with intentional exploration and curiosity.
As such, we ask that our teachers have established or began to establish the following skills.
- Ability to build rapport with students
- Understanding of the foundational skills students need to have
- Effectively teach reading, writing, and math skills for current and future success
- Accept and apply guidance from mentor teachers and leadership
- Confident and respectful classroom management skills
- Accurately self-assess and provide exemplars for how you have maintained and contributed to the school’s mission, vision, and action
- Analyze student knowledge and assess data to inform classroom discussion and individual student learning opportunities
- Document and share student achievement levels and evaluations.
- Be able to or learn to identify individual student levels and learning progression for each student to scaffold and differentiate as appropriate so all students have the opportunity to work at their level and beyond
- Participate in on-going professional development provided through Microsoft Educator Community and based on individual goals
- Manage and educate students in a classroom setting
- Create and implement engaging year plans, units, lessons, and projects
- Design formative and summative assessments for students with examples
- Design interdisciplinary project-based learning opportunities
- Collaborate with other teachers and team members
- Integrate experiential learning and cross-age mentoring in lessons and projects
- Adhere to an established teaching curriculum
- Maintain positive relationships with students and parents
- Document and share student grades and evaluations
- Maintain the health and safety of all students
- Model cooperative, respectful, and Christ-minded behavior
- Small cohort sizes of no more than 18 students
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Discount for Students
- Maternity Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Retention bonuses
- Teaching respectful, kind, bright students
- Opportunities to contribute to the international education conversation
- Opportunities to earn MIE certification