3rd/4th Grade Cohort Lead Teacher
Be the lead teacher in a 3rd/4th grade cohort of 22 students collaborating with a cohort of 4 other teachers (1 on campus (the 5th/6th grade lead teacher) and 2 online teachers, who perform assessments, testing and grading. The ideal teacher will have a sense of playful humor and a passion for Math and Science with superb technology integration skills. Science is aligned with Next Generation Sciences Standards, and mathematics aligned with Common Core Standards. Harness emerging technology for teaching, learning, and critical thinking. Serve the 3rd/4th grade cohort class in a globally recognized Christian School, selected as Microsoft’s first and only K-12 U.S. Flagship School — one of only 17 in the world. Teach highly motivated kind and respectful students whose student body comes from 24 ethnic backgrounds and 12 faith traditions.
- Manage and educate students in a classroom setting collaborating with other team members
- Develop and implement engaging lesson plans
- Adhere to established teaching curriculum
- Maintain positive relationships with students and parents
- Document and share student grades and evaluations
- Maintain the health and safety of all students
- Previous experience in teaching STEM and project based learning
- Strong classroom management skills
- Ability to build rapport with students
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Experience in STEM fields and facilitating joyous learning experiences with students.